Make a Gift From My DAF
Search DAF organization:
|Visit DAF Website|
|Mail a DAF Gift Letter|
|DAF web page|
|Notify us of your DAF gift|
|Thank you for considering a DAF gift to us. Click on the website link to your DAF provider. It will take you to a third party website. You may be able to log in and recommend a grant to the Greater Miami Jewish Federation. Another option is to call your DAF provider to recommend a DAF gift. If you would like to notify us of your generous gift, please complete the Notify us of your DAF Gift section.|
|Your Address (Street or P.O. Box)|
|Notify us of your DAF gift|
|Thank you for considering a DAF gift to us. A sample letter is available to send to your DAF provider. You may save and print the PDF of your letter. If you have email contact information for your DAF provider, you may send a PDF copy of your DAF letter or you may copy and paste the text into an email. You will need to enter the amount of your recommended grant and your DAF account number on the letter before mailing. If you would like to notify us of your generous gift, please complete the Notify us of your DAF Gift section.|
FACT SHEET ON DONOR-ADVISED FUNDS
WHAT IS IT?Fundholder Login
- A Donor-Advised Fund is like a checking account for your charitable giving within The Foundation of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation.
- It is established with a gift of assets (cash or appreciated assets such as stock) at a minimum of $5,000.
- More than 200 individuals and families in Miami have funds with The Foundation.
- These funds range in size $5,000 to over $90 million. The Foundation has over $500 million in total assets.
WHAT CAN THE FUND DO FOR YOU?
- Use the fund to recommend gifts of $100 or more to qualified public charities (Jewish or non-Jewish), designated as 501(c)(3) organizations under the Internal Revenue Tax Code (like Federation, your synagogue, university, hospital, etc.).
- Earn tax-free investment income which, along with the principal, is available for distributions.
- Share and pass on Jewish values to the people most important to you. Involve your family in philanthropy or honor the memory of a loved one.
- Provide privacy regarding your philanthropic choices.
- Handles the distribution of funds to those organizations you recommend and all of the record keeping.
- Invests the assets of the fund. You have a choice of fixed income or blended equity-fixed strategy.
- Provides a quarterly summary of transactions to you. You will have instant access to your fund account through an on-line secure system, enabling you to view your fund activity and make charitable recommendations with the touch of a button.
WHAT ARE THE TAX ADVANTAGES FOR CREATING A FUND?
- Charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value of assets contributed.
- Capital gains tax savings on the appreciation of securities held for more than 1 year.
- The allowable tax deductions for a donor-advised fund are greater than those for a private foundation.
- Investment income is added to your fund and grows tax-free.
The Foundation charges an administrative fee of 1%, which is calculated monthly at 1/12 of 1%, to a maximum of $15,000 per year.
If you would like to make a current gift via credit card into your donor-advised fund OR any other fund at the Foundation, click here
For over fifty years, The Foundation of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation has been a trusted philanthropic partner in the Jewish community, with a proven track record of working effectively with donors and their professional advisors in meeting their charitable goals. For more information, please contact Scott Kaplan, Foundation Director, at [email protected] or 786.866.8623 (office) or 757-746-2466 (cell).
Your message has been sent.