You are at: Planned Giving > Gift Options > How to Give > Bequest
What are the benefits?
- Does not affect your current income or assets during your lifetime
- Easy to create and modify with the assistance of an attorney if your circumstances change
- Effective planning tool to reduce estate taxes, if applicable
- You create a lasting legacy to be remembered
How can I learn more?
How do I make a gift in my will?
A gift in your will (bequest) is one of the easiest gifts to make. In addition to providing for your family, you may also include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to the Greater Miami Jewish Federation with the help of an estate planning attorney.
What are my options?
A gift in your will (bequest) can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
How do I get started?